Jan 10, 2012

Welcome to Blackkoi in Dreamland❤


How do you like the new look?
Of my blog LOL.

This is my first time creating a header, changing layout & various blogger setting . To be honest, it was a lot of work , especially since I had no knowledge of coding whatsoever. Not to mention, I had no idea in the beginning how I wanted my header to look like ... All I had in mine was something floral, pink-ish, elegant yet glamorous . I didn't want the layout to be too cute, too fancy or too minimalistic. It has to reflect my style after all... Therefore, I had spent a lot of time looking at other people's blogs (Jesus Diamante, Liz Lisa, Xiaxue etc), and finding materials on Deviantart. It had been quite an educational experience, since I had to google how to use photoshop texture, pattern, action etc .


Now you can browse through my blog by categories . I should have added this option before, considering how simple it is... except for the part that I kept changing font style/color/background etc. I swear to God if I have to change/edit any more stuffs, my head will explode  . I had to change the original print already since it was too pink. (Yes, too much pink does drive me a bit crazy) At this moment, I think I'm quite satisfied with the current layout. I did plan to tweak around more with widget settings, but it seems that my blog takes quite a long time to load alread. I suspect this is mainly due to my mild obsession with emoticon . Anyway, please tell me what you think and let me know  if you have problems with the layout .


Here are some photos of me playing around with my hair as a past-time . Practice makes perfect, right?


Testing whether or not I'm still able to pull this style off... I guess the result was ok ? I mainly wanted to see if I can wear this style with lolita. This is my real hair btw, without any extension. It is quite short for my liking actually...

Roots are showing 0m0

I wanted to make a perfect round hair bun but I failed . It was so much harder than I expected... So I got bored and make a hair bow instead . I find that it is much easier to make a hair bow with curly hair. Otherwise, with straight hair, you have to tease your hair a lot to get the same volume. Again, this hair-do was made with my real hair, without any extension. I didn't have to tease my hair at all, which is a huge bonus . This style is also quite fast if you already have curly hair; it took me less than 15 minutes.
 

Anyway, I ran out of random materials to post, so here are some photos from December, when I went to take Santa Claus photo with my family & bf .

With our family future fashionista ❤

Thanks for reading 



12 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!  I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new look :D <3 xxxx it's so pretty! x 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job on the site! I love it. :) And you look so pretty! And making a bun can be very annoying xD I tend to just wrap it around a ponytail and just clip it down and add pretty bows for accent. But the hair bow is really pretty! Great job on that :3

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you love the new look. I tried making hair bun with the donut thingie before and it worked! I got the perfectly neat bun, but not the big fluffy Japanese style :(. It's so hard to make the big yet neat bun :(. I saw Cheesie videos on YouTube for guidelines lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Some of the tutorials on Youtube aren't that great ^^; If possible, look for the magazine tutorials. I don't know Japanese but the pictures are easy enough to follow xD

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree. However, I learnt make-up and basic hairstyling through Youtube so it has always been my to-go places for tutorials :P. While Japanese mag tutorials are great, I find they lack the details that tutorial video can provide. Not to mention, I can't read Japanese T^T.

    Nevertheless, I love looking at Ageha mags for hair inspiration ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh definitely, for make-up, it's the best place to go. For simple hairstyles too. But when it comes to certain hairstyles, you just can't find anything there that you can easily follow or doesn't do it properly. I'll try looking around and see if I can find anything xD

    Oh I love looking at the magazines for inspiration! They're always so nicely-done and awesome!

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well there used to be series of Ageha hair set on YouTube but it got removed :(. There are still various sujimori tutorials which I find pretty decent :)

    ReplyDelete